BonVoyage System is one of the most commonly used optimization software on the shipping industry and it is installed on more than 6 000 vessels around the world. This workshop will teach the users the most advanced features and functions BVS offers. Focussing on the various route optimization techniques, the methods we follow to calculate the optimum route and the way we can communicate with our office via the platform s-Insight, the attendees will be amazed at how this powerful program can work for them.
- Setup a new weather data request
- What is the role of the forecast’s resolution?
- Should I select all the parameters?
- How often should I get the weather updates?
- What is the different between the yellow and red thresholds;
- How important is to specify the wx thresholds before the optimization process?
Optimization process step by step
- Adding waypoints between departure and destination
- Avoiding the limitation of the BVS freedom to optimize your route
- How does optimization methods BVS offer and what are the differences between them?
- How can I compare two or more alternative routes?
- How can I transfer my route to ECDIS?
- After the departure how often does the optimization process should be repeated?
BVS and s-Insight
- What is the s-Insight platform?
- How can I send my route to the StormGeo and why this is important for my company’s operation department?
- s-Planner, the next generation of BVS